JOIN OUR TEAM
The McCall Arts and Humanities Council is seeking a part-time Director to oversee administrative, adult programming, and fundraising operations. Duties would include:
- providing strategic leadership in partnership with the board of directors and staff,
- developing and executing adult programming to serve the community,
- raising funds to advance the mission and secure the future of the organization, and
- overseeing financial management.
The McCall Arts and Humanities Council (MAHC) nurtures a community rich in culture and creativity by providing all people access to educational and inspirational programs. Core programs currently include:
- Cabin Fever, a series of educational programs for adults
- Children’s Theatre, community theater productions
- Creative Campus, education programming for children and teenagers
Programs on pause include:
- Art School, an arts program in the public schools
- Kaleidoscope, a celebration of creativity and exploration traditionally held the 3rd Saturday in June
- Coordinates organizational operations with the Artistic and Education Director and Communications and Development Coordinator.
- Reports monthly to the Board of Directors, providing information, strategic plan progress, and suggestions.
- Stays abreast of current trends and opportunities in the arts and humanities.
- Fosters open communication and serves as an example to MAHC supporters in work ethic, setting realistic expectations, displaying gratitude and graciousness, and championing the arts and humanities.
- Works with Communications and Development Coordinator to execute fundraising, including finding and writing grants, arranging business sponsorships, creating events, soliciting annual and major gifts, and ensuring proper reporting and acknowledgment.
- Identifies new sources of philanthropic support to expand MAHC capacity.
- Collaborates with other council staff to streamline structures and provide consistent, positive, and efficient communication with the community.
- Collaborates with Financial Specialist to pay bills on time, plan for future expenditures, maintain separate program budgets, report quarterly to the board, and keep accurate records.
Develops an annual budget with assistance from the staff and board.
- Monitors and oversees databases: donors, volunteers, participants, and corporate sponsors.
- Manages all reporting tasks needed to keep the MAHC in good standing: insurance, annual report, background checks, etc.
- Develops, manages, evaluates, and adapts adult programs to meet our mission.
- Reports program results, successes, and challenges to stakeholders and board members.
- Manages all staff, volunteers, and program contractors working on adult programs.
- Collaborates with the Artistic and Education Director on producing programs as needed.
- Works with Communications and Development Coordinator to strengthen MAHC brand recognition through all channels, including print, media, social media, community events, and personal meetings.
- Develops and manages partnerships with stakeholders, participants, other nonprofits, governmental organizations, businesses and community members to further the MAHC mission.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- College degree preferred and significant experience in a related field.
- Excellent public speaking, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience functioning effectively as a member of a team and comfortably partnering with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience in achieving fundraising goals, especially major donor cultivation and stewardship, as well as developing, sustaining, and identifying new sources of financial support.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors.
Preferred experience in financial management and familiarity with Quickbooks.
- Commitment to the mission of the MAHC, including a passion for the arts and humanities.
The position is currently part-time with potential to grow. Salary starts at $22,000 annually and increases depending upon experience.
Email a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com with “Director Search” in the subject line. Application review begins immediately and closes when filled.
email + phone
PO Box 1391
McCall, ID 83638
Stay in the know about classes and
programs from the MAHC